It is so heartbreaking and disillusioning to hear American leaders attacking Israel’s Prime Minister on a personal level, and creating the illusion in the eyes of the American public and the world that Israel is the obstacle to peace.
Two weeks ago the leader of the Palestinian Authority, the so-called ‘moderate’ Abbas,
- called Jews “herds of cattle” (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/186265#.VFIYgIvF-x8)
- falsely accused Jews choosing to pray on the Temple Mount (Judaism’s holiest site) of “aggression against the Al Aqsa Mosque”,
- use the pejorative “settlers” to describe the Jews who pray at their holiest site even though they were from all over Israel (and yes, the word “settler” has become a pejorative in the media and public view as regards Israelis)
- called the Jewish presence near Muslim places of worship “a desecration” – something he has never said about Christians
- called on Palestinians to protect the Temple Mount “by all means” – inflaming greater violence (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/186257#.VFIen4vF-x8)
Let’s take a look at the type of aggression and desecrating behavior of the Jews on the Temple Mount. Rabbi Yehuda Glick is one of the foremost leaders of Jewish prayer on the Temple Mount, and lives in a settlement on the West Bank. He is often branded by the Palestinians and foreign media as an extremist.
Here you can see him praying with Muslims (!) on the Temple Mount. Note the anger and hatred: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152298332378717
And here you can hear him speak about his dark visions against the Al Aqsa Mosque: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152530483833717
It makes you want to cry.
Are the facts so hard to find? Is there hatred here? No, there is only love and dreams of peace and coexistence.
So what is Abbas talking about? Why is he inciting violence and bigotry?
Last night Rabbi Glick was shot in the chest by a Palestinian from the West Bank as he exited from a conference in Jerusalem. And Palestinians and Jerusalem shot off fireworks to celebrate this evil action.
But Netanyahu is the problem…